COLEACP job offer: Research and editorial manager
As part of the implementation of its Fit For Market (FFM) and Fit For Market SPS (FFM-SPS) programmes, COLEACP is recruiting a research and editorial manager. He/she will have a minimum of 5 to 10 years of professional experience, the skills and expertise required by the function but also some specific skills related to the environment, positioning and values of COLEACP.
1. Description of the function and tasks
In accordance with the operating rules of COLEACP and the donors concerned, the research and editorial manager will be in charge of coordinating market research, marketing analysis and editorial content for the FFM and FFM-SPS programmes. He/she will have the expected result culture that will allow him/her to meet the needs in deliverables within the timeframes set out in the annual programming of FFM and FFM-SPS.
The Research and Editorial Manager will work closely with the COLEACP departments and in particular with the Market Intelligence and Information and Communication departments. He/she will be under the direct responsibility of the COLEACP’s marketing and engagement lead.
The position is based in COLEACP’s offices in Brussels.
More precisely and operationally, the person in charge of studies and writing will have the following tasks:
Coordinate the conduct of studies
- Coordination of market, sector and marketing and e-marketing studies and analyses
- Contribution to the development of analytical methodology
- Leading a team of experts
- Production of deliverables
Coordinate editorial content
- Writing content (articles, emailings, stories, videos…)
- Content production in collaboration with internal or external writers or stakeholders
- Production and distribution of editorial materials in collaboration with the Information & Communication Department
Contribute to the development of conceptual materials
- Position paper
- Concept notes (events, strategic…)
- Other innovative media (videos, computer graphics…)
Ensure monitoring and reporting
- Activity monitoring
- Reporting to COLEACP management
- Contribution to programme activity reports
2. Beyond the function
One of the five values of COLEACP is the difference. What makes it different is in particular the difference of the individuals who make up the COLEACP team. Their know-how but also their personality. Foundations of the organization’s collective intelligence.
The research and editorial manager will have an open mind beyond the scope of actions related to her tasks and function. He/she will be interested in the entire COLEACP and its technical and political environment. Its vision will go beyond the marketing and editorial fields in order to best contribute to the development of the organization through the implementation of the Fit for Market and FFM-SPS programs and in line with COLEACP’s mission and vision.
3. Description of the profile required
- Excellent ability to conceptualize and write in your native language (French or English)
- 5 to 10 years of professional experience as a project manager, research manager
- Graduate university education (economics, agronomy, political science, communication, others)
- Fluency in French and English. One of the two languages is the mother tongue. Knowledge of Spanish or Portuguese is a plus
- Interest in development in an international context
- Organizational and innovative skills
- Rigorousness, attention to detail
- Ability to communicate internally and externally in a variety of socio-cultural and economic environments
- A culture of results, public and entrepreneurial utility, a taste for challenge.
An open-ended employment contract with competitive remuneration, in line with market practices. The opportunity to contribute to the success of an innovative organization, recognized in its field of action, rooted in a solid history and with strong development potential.
Are you interested? Please send your application (CV + Email) before 10 March 2019 to Mr Emmanuel Bourcelet at the following address: . Only candidates selected for a first interview will be contacted.