ofertas de emprego
Please send an email at with your CV and cover letter.
Offer for a Project Officer (16/08/2018)
As part of the Fit For Market programme, COLEACP is looking for a « Project Officer » to reinforce the technical assistance and training services within the COLEACP Capacity-Building Team.
Contributing to elaborate the individual support project for beneficiaries
- Reception and analysis of requests of intervention
- Conduct field analysis missions in ACP countries, if necessary
- Construction and conclusion of support projects
Implementing support projects, following requests of beneficiaries, through specific and collective actions:
- Analysis of the request for training / technical assistance, content definition,
- Contact and selection of service providers, contracting,
- Follow-up of the action in progress,
- Administrative and financial management,
- Monitoring and evaluation of the action,
- Organization and follow-up of the selection of participants,
- Definition of the scheme and the content of the training, in line with the COLEACP training strategy,
- Remote organization of the action, in collaboration with local partners (logistics, equipment, transport…).
The implementation of the support activities for the beneficiaries must be conducted in line with the intervention strategies defined for a country and/or for a region. It will therefore be carried out under the coordination of the Geographical Coordinators for Operations, by providing them technical, administrative and logistical support.
Within the COLEACP Team, and depending on the needs, you can also:
- Take part in the organisation of calls for tenders for the selection of service providers who will intervene in support activities,
- Take part in the annual planning of the activities,
- Take part in monitoring and reporting system,
- Take part in events organised by the COLEACP and/or in which COLEACP participates,
- Be asked to contribute to the development of training tools.
This list of activities is not exhaustive. It can be adapted to the overall work of COLEACP and its programmes, the workload of team members and annual programming.
Your activities will be carried out under the direct supervision of the Project officers’ Coordinator of the Capacity Building Unit and in accordance with the procedures of COLEACP and its donors.
Internally, you will collaborate regularly with other members of the COLEACP team. Outside, you will be in regular contact with the beneficiaries (horticultural companies, extension services, consultants, …) and the service providers (experts, training centres …) contracted by COLEACP.
Higher education diploma
Work experience in the agricultural/horticultural industry in one or more African, Caribbean or Pacific countries, preferably in companies. Field experience is an asset.
In addition, are considered as assets:
- Specific experience in environmental and social issues,
- Specific experience in business management and linkage with farmers,
- Specific experience in Food Safety and sustainable agriculture,
- Knowledge of European Food Safety regulation and commercial standards required by European markets and/or European consumers,
- Work experience in training, mainly training of adults (small farmers),
- Experience in project management, institutional support.
English mother tongue, fluent in oral and written French. Fluency in Spanish is an asset.
Other skills required:
- Sense of responsibility,
- Relationship abilities,
- Team spirit and autonomy,
- Organizational ability and Time management,
- Problem solving skills,
- Excellent writing skills,
- Basic computer tools skills,
- Rigour, accuracy, curiosity, dynamism, flexibility, proactive,
The job to be filled is a full-time position, based in Brussels, for a fixed term of one year, with a possibility of renewal. Starting ideally in October 2018.
Based in Brussels, you will nevertheless be available for short-term mission, mainly in ACP countries and within the European Union.
The remuneration will be based on the profile and the experience demonstrated by the candidate.
Joining COLEACP means integrating a multicultural and passionate team. It’s also an opportunity to live fulfilling experience within a civil society organization working for the cooperation and development of ACP countries. The values of COLEACP are commitment, difference, humanism, performance and continuous improvement.
Send your CV + cover letter + references to before the 17th of September 2018.